Thank you for considering joining our community. Our memberships are only $20 and are valid for 12 months and provide access to a range of support services and resources.
As a member you will become part of a large network of individuals and families who have all been touched in some way by these health conditions.
- You will receive access to our free Counselling support service and patient support,
- You will receive regular newsletters on our news and progress, as well as access to our social events and family outings, and
- You also become eligible to provide input into the way the Society is managed through voting at our Annual General Meeting.
What do we do
- Bring together patients, families and supporters for social, information and education sessions,
- Advocacy and lobbying to meet medical and other support needs,
- Raise funds for:
- Medical equipment such as infusion pumps,
- Medical services such as MRI T2* for patients,
- Medical Research such as Stem Cells, Gene Therapy, Foetal, Haemoglobin, Bone Marrow Transplants, and
- Equipment for Treatment Centres.
- Provide a free counselling service for patients and family,
- Community education and awareness,
- Support and encourage medical and social research projects designed to improve the quality of life for people with haemoglobinopathies, and
- Promotion of blood donation with Life Blood, The Australian Red Cross Blood Service
By becoming a member, you actively strengthen our Society’s position to advocate for greater Government support and assistance including input within NSW Health and hospital administration.
View our Corporate Plan to see our objectives and goals for 2020 and beyond.
You can pay by online or by cheque / money order or by posting in your credit card using a Membership Application Form